South End Infant School’s Stride to School Club
Our Stride to School Club is a voluntary initiative co-ordinated by South End Infant School Staff and Governing Body. It operates in line with the tried and tested principles of other‘Walking Bus’ initiatives that have been successfully implemented elsewhere in the country.
Children are dropped off by their parents or carers on a Friday morning and accompanied to school by our volunteer ‘Strider Supervisors’. All children are provided with a high-viz jacket to wear; the infants also receive a sticker when they arrive at school.
Our route has been risk assessed by Northamptonshire County Council’s Road Safety & Sustainability department and is fully insured.
- Are volunteer parents and carers, who accompany the children to school from the drop-off point
- Are fully DBS checked
- Have received training
Our Stride to School Club members will need to:
- Attend either South End Infant or Junior School
- Be pre-registered with the South End Infant School before participating, with parents having agreed to the School’s terms and conditions
- Walk hand-in-hand with other club members and supervisors in an orderly fashion
- Wear a high-viz vest
Our Stride to School Club sets off from the the drop off points at 8.35 a.m. We run the club every Friday morning during term time.
Drop off points
We meet at:
- The Full Gospel Church on High Street South, walking up Wymington Road to school, and
- The junction of Magnolia Drive and Fuchsia Way, where we walking down through Harvey Road, before joining Wymington Road